DC6 & DC7 Feature TEC Award-Winners
January 22, Winter NAMM 2016 –
TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik of South Windsor, CT, is introducing two new comprehensive drum microphone packs at Winter NAMM 2016. The company has assembled the three unique voices of its TEC Award-winning Dynamic Series microphone line, in combination with two matched small diaphragm FET condensers, and packaged them as the 6-microphone DC6 Drum Pack and the 7-microphone DC7 Drum Pack for drum recording and live performance applications.
Each microphone set consists of the M82 handling kick drum duties, the M80-SHB on snare, the M81-SH for toms, and the M60 FET cardioid for cymbals or overheads. Both the DC6 and DC7 ship in heavy-duty hard shell HC87 flight cases and include multiple drum mounts (M782, M784 and M785) and an SGMC-5R five-meter XLR cable with right angle female connector for each microphone in the set.
The DC6 and DC7 Drum Microphone Sets include:
- One M82 with M782 mountThe switchable M82 is a robust large diaphragm end-address dynamic microphone designed for kick drum and vocal broadcast applications.
- One M80-SHB with M784 metal and M785 plastic mount
The M80-SHB is designed for snare drum and vocal applications where a lower profile microphone with right angle XLR cable is needed.
- Two M81-SH with M784 and M785 mountsThe M81-SH was designed to complement the M80-SH, with the top end pulled back a bit, yielding a flatter overall frequency response making it ideal for tom and percussion. The DC7 pack includes an additional third M81-SH.
- Two M60 FET with M761 elastic mountsThe newly designed M60 FET (Field Effect Transistor) small diaphragm microphone is TELEFUNKEN’s first non-vacuum tube, FET-based solid-state condenser microphone. The drum pack includes two identical M60 FET amplifiers and two matched TK60 cardioid capsules for overheads or cymbals.
- Six SGMC-5R five-meter XLR with right angle female connector
- One HC87 Hard Shell Flight Case
MSRP for the DC6 pack is $1995; for the DC7 $2195.